Post-Installation Steps – Users and Profiles
The Set User Permissions button runs a background process that assigns the “Geopointe Base Permissions” permission set to all of your users, giving them full visibility to the application and the necessary permissions to access non-admin features.
In Geopointe Setup, click the Org Settings sub-tab, then click the Set User Permissions button. You’ll see a dialogue box of explanation. Click OK to continue.
If you don't click this button, your users may not be able to use the map.
If you are familiar with managing Permission Sets, you can perform this step manually.
(This step does not apply to Sandbox installs.)
Licenses control which users can access Geopointe screens and related functionality.
To manage Geopointe licenses, follow these steps:
1. In Salesforce Setup, click Build, then click Installed Packages. (In Lightning, use the Quick Find to navigate to Installed Packages.) This screen shows all installed packages on your Salesforce account.
2. Click Manage Licenses underneath the Action Column.
3. Click Add Users to include new users in Geopointe. On the next screen, you can select from the list of available users or use the alphabet search to find and select users.
4. Click Add. You will only be allowed to add users up to your Allowed Licenses total.
Once a user is added, they should be able to access the Map page. If a user has any issues, check their profile settings to ensure they have the correct permissions.
The third and final task may be unnecessary if you applied the Set User Permissions button as described above. However, if access was given only to admins, or only to select profiles, be sure to complete this section.
Before we proceed, please note that Salesforce recently implemented a new "Enhanced Profile UI" for profile management, making the process of editing profiles slightly more cumbersome. The old interface includes all profile settings on one screen, while the new interface separates them into linked sections.
We recommend disabling the enhanced profile interface just long enough to complete these steps in the old interface. To do so, navigate to Salesforce Setup > Customize > User Interface. (In Lightning, you can use the Quick Find to get there.) Deselect Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface, then proceed with the Old Profile UI section below. If you want to stick with the new UI, refer to the Enhanced Profile UI section further below.
Old Profile UI
Follow these steps to adjust your profile access settings in the old UI:
1. From the Managed Licenses screen, click the profile name to the right of the user's name.
2. Click Edit, then adjust Tab Access settings by selecting Default On next to the tabs that you want to be visible for that profile type. Below are the tab settings that we recommend for Admins and End Users, but it is up to you how to distribute the access.
Recommended Admin Access
Recommended End User Access
Note: Granting Geopointe admin access does not also grant admin access to all of Salesforce. For example, if you only purchase one license and it’s for a sales rep, you’ll want to give that sales rep full admin access regardless of their other Salesforce permissions.
3. Adjust Application Access settings by selecting Visible next to the apps that you want the users to access.
Recommended Application Access (all users):
4. When you're finished with your changes, click Save.
To see this process in action, watch the video below.
Enhanced Profile UI
If you chose to stick with the new UI, the process is similar, but you’ll need to click Assigned Apps to configure app access, and Object Settings to configure tab access. Click Edit to make your changes, then click Save when you're done.
Check out this video to see the enhanced UI process in action.