Geopointe Routing for Salesforce Mobile App
With Geopointe on the Salesforce mobile app, you can create, optimize, and save trips as routes. You can also access saved routes and retrieve routes that have been shared with you. When you're ready to travel to your next destination, you can launch your route into a navigation or rideshare app of your choice. For information on working with routes in the browser, check out the main Geopointe Routing Tutorial.
Note: In order for users to access Geopointe in the Salesforce mobile app, a Salesforce Admin must first complete the Geopointe Setup for Salesforce Mobile steps.
Navigate to a Record
To create a route using Salesforce records from a data set, follow these steps:
1. Tap the search bar with the Data Sets option selected.
2. Adjust your range and search type, then tap the data set you want to search on the map. For this example, we set the range to 50 miles and selected Accounts (All). Your search results will appear on the map.
If you want to search by a time range instead of a distance range, tap the search type dropdown and select Minutes or Hours, then tap your data set.
3. To add a stop to the route, tap on the pin for that stop, then tap the Green Route Icon. A confirmation will alert you that the stop has been added.
Continue these steps with more search results, until you have a workable route.
4. Set the last stop for your route. This could be your home, office, or that evening's dinner reservation. For this example, I want to head back to the airport, and will add it the same way as before.
5. Tap the Gray Route Icon to see your all your route stops listed. It should look similar to this:
Note: Routes can have a maximum of 100 stops.
To create a route using any address in Google Maps, follow these steps:
Navigate to Any Location
1. Launch Geopointe in the Salesforce mobile app by tapping the Map tab (Need help getting there? Click here).
2. Tap the Search bar at the top of the map, select the Address button, and enter an address or place.
2. Select either a Data Set or enter text to search for an Address/Place. In this example, we'll perform an address search for Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The search anticipates possible options as you enter text.
3. Tap the location where you want to go. A map marker appears. Tap the Green Arrow Icon, and you'll get a confirmation that the stop has been added to your route.
To save a newly created route, tap the Disk Icon at the top of your route. On the next screen, give it a name and choose Save As. You will receive a confirm on a successful save.
To pull up a saved route, tap the Grey Route Icon in the bottom right.
Tap on the Folder Icon. A list of your Saved Routes will appear. Tap on the Route you would like to load.
Tap the Stopwatch Icon to optimize your Route. Your route will be optimized starting at your current location and finishing at your final stop. All other stops will be arranged in the most logical order. If you do not wish to start from your current location, tap the Trash Icon to remove it. Don't forget to save by tapping the Disk icon.
To change the order of the stops, tap and hold on the List Icon to the right of the stop name. Slide your finger up or down in the list to the desired new order and release.
To delete a stop, tap on it; additional options will appear. Tap the Red Trash Icon. The next message will confirm the deletion.
From this view, you can View Record in Salesforce, launch driving directions, and perform other actions against it.
You can also see route fields. Route fields are information from a searched data set that can be returned as part of the route. The settings for this are defined by an admin in Geopointe Setup, but when set up, you can see data set information without having to leave your route, as demonstrated below. They can be seen in both the list and map views of your route.
1. To launch navigation directions for a route stop, tap on that stop to see available actions.
2. Tap Navigate (or Directions). It will then launch your default navigation app.
3. When you've finished at that location and are ready to move on, return to the Salesforce mobile app, tap on the next stop, and get your next set of navigation instructions.
To adjust your default navigation or rideshare app:
1. Tap the Menu in the search bar.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Select your preferred navigation and/or rideshare applications.
Check out our Mobile Map Settings doc for more information on setting these defaults.
If you have additional questions about routes on the Salesforce mobile app, please contact our support team.