Geopointe Admin Installation and Setup Guide
This document will guide you through the essential steps of preparing and deploying Geopointe to end users. While this guide does not cover all of the customizations you can make to Geopointe, you can learn about more setup possibilities under each of the topics of the help site.
Install and DeployPrepare Geopointe for usage and streamline it for your users’ needs.
- Install Geopointe - Install Geopointe and make it visible to your users.
- Complete the crucial Post-Installation steps below to activate Geopointe functions.
- The Basics - Manage your organization's map settings and learn the basics of mapping objects.
- Users and Profiles - Add licenses and permissions to users and profiles.
- Integrate with Salesforce - Provide access to the Map button, Map Records button, and to Standard Geopointe actions in order to integrate processes between Salesforce and Geopointe.
- Set Up Mobile - Make Geopointe accessible on the Salesforce mobile app.
Set Up FeaturesRefer to these documents to deploy specific Geopointe features.
- Zoominfo - Create the fields you need to import Business and People Data from Zoominfo.
- Assignment Plans - Configure shapes and assignment areas so you can automatically assign records using Assignment Plans.
- Live Tracking Info - Set up and enable Live Tracking for your users so you can track vehicles or assets in real time on the map.
- KML Layers - Add external KML layers to Geopointe for an extra dimension of analysis.
CustomizeAfter you’ve completed the essential steps, customize Geopointe further to support your organization's unique needs.
- Adjust Organization Settings - Adjust the settings that will be applied to all users in your organization.
- Manage User Settings - Create settings to be applied to specific users or groups.
- Create Actions - Use the Actions framework to build custom actions that aren’t already built into Geopointe, including Create Record Actions.
- Folder Management - Once you have created Data Sets, you can organize them into folders and use sharing settings to manage user access.
- Shape Editing Access - Allow users to edit shapes they didn't create.